Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday Wonders 20.4.2011

I wrote down where I found this, and now I cant' find where I wrote it! G-Dammit!

I've had a pretty quiet 7 days, so there aren't very many exciting things on today's list. It's actually been a bit of a bleak week (ha!), but I'm not entirely sure why. At least I'm not feeling as agro as I did last Wednesday, so it's not going to be such a 'Grrrrr' post either!

This week I've loved:

* Shine A Light - The Rolling Stones DVD. Man, Keith Richards is my hero. Maja Boo just finished reading his autobiography, Life, so in celebration, we snuggled down and watched Shine A Light again. All of them are amazing, naturally, but Keith? Inimitable. Indestructible. Incredible.



* Midnight inspiration. I don't know why, but inspiration and ideas so often strike as I'm slipping into bed. Then I haul my laptop out and write away for an hour or so, or until I fall asleep. When the latter happens, I have been known to wake up to pages of llllllllllllllllllllllllllllll or some such nonsense, which always makes me giggle.

* Iron Fist Ruff Rider Platforms! These are like the Keith Richards of shoes for me at the moment. And the fact that I'll be getting my paws on them very soon, and rocking them to Stephy's wedding... Let's just say I feel like a rock-star already, and I haven't even tried them on yet! Woo-Woo!!!
Fuck yea!

* Impromptu one-woman movie fests! I wasn't really in a very social mood this weekend (which might have had something to do with the fact that it was the 2nd anniversary of Faja Boo's death) so I installed myself on the couch with my laptop, flash drives, DVDs, books, juice, wine, music and loads of pens. You know, the usual supplies one might need for a Saturday afternoon spent doing not very much at all. I have a whole stack of movies I haven't watched for ages, if at all, so I pulled the old favourites out first. Things like The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Idle Hands, 12 Monkeys, Sleepers... You know, lighthearted stuff.

* The Doors vs Blondie - Rapture Rider

* Nick Cave. Specifically, listening to Nick Cave and heavy rain on rotation and feeling content. (Some of the songs on rotation over the weekend.)

* Down another 3.4 kgs!!! Yay!!! That's 9 down in total now!

* Family time! We didn't get to see Bren, Mark & Megan on Thursday because Maja Boo was sick & potentially contagious, but we got to see them on Sunday, and it was GREAT! So So SO awesome to be together again, even if it was just for a few hours! Can't wait for them to get back from the coast and catch up a bit. Yay!

* Road-trip planning! Next weekend, La, Ang and I are undertaking a quest of potentially epic and disastrous proportions. We are going to Secunda (read: middle-of-nowhere, but with pretty flowers on the way) in search of a tiny - and I mean tiny - make up store that sells hundreds of brands at insanely low prices. Last time La & I were there with Maja Boo, we bought ridiculous glittery turquoise nail polish and glitter. motherfucking. hair gel, as well as some more practical eye shadows and lipsticks. This time? Practicality be damned, I'm going for the showstoppers!

Little things which made me smile:

* Mister Boo's crazy, random and usually nonsensical songs which he makes up on the fly and sings to me in his best chipmunk voice * "She reminds me of a psychedelic ostrich" * You Can't Always Get What You Want blasting in Bella, Maja Boo's car. The sound in that car is incredible. And don't get me started on that song! * Writing all night, sleep be damned! * Chocolates for Easter which have little surprise pop-rocks in them! Crackle for hours! WoooHoooo! * A quick walk last night, after a week off because of the plague that has struck down everyone around me. * On a related note, and at the risk of jinxing things, feeling healthy even though everyone around me is plagued out. Long may it last! * Aus Anticipation! 37 more sleeps!!! OMG! * Speaking Pirate to Mister Boo as we debate the merits of setting sail on his imaginary boat, which has a submarine following it, to hunt his imaginary nemesis down. I said I wasn't going unless it was a yellow submarine and we were all issued with blue shorts and red beanies, and a complimentary glock. * 4 year olds with mohawks. *

Et vous, preciouses? What's made you binky this week?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment