Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Wonders - 4.5.2011


May the Fourth be with you

Happy Star Wars Day! (Surprise, surprise. I'm a little bit of a nerd at heart. Who knew?!)

The last week has been infinitely better and more fun than the two before it! Yippeeee! There's been so much that's made me squee with happiness! Thing like:

* Stopping at my sister, Lyn, on Friday night for 'just a couple of drinks'. Getting home just before 2 a.m. Dancing the night away with my big sisters and brothers-in-law. Rocking the 50's - 70's and 90's rounds of 'Name that Song/Artist'. Sucking spectacularly at the 80's round. Disguising Fanta Grape as red wine and not having a morose hangover on Saturday.

* Secunda Road Trip! We've been talking about it for so long, when it happened, it was too awesome! There was so much craziness and mayhem that the trip is getting a post of its own tomorrow, otherwise this list would go on for days.

* Family time! Rugby and pizzas with my family on Saturday night. My sisters and their families all came through to us for dinner, and it was so much of funness! Also: Lunch on Sunday with Mister Boo's sister and her family. It was an awesome weekend of family-ness.

* Crows. Just the sound of them makes me smile. Also: Woodland Hoopoes. They're SO pretty! And so cool when they trailed Mister Boo and I for most of our walk on Monday evening.


* Pamper day on Monday! Maja Boo went out for lunch, so I invaded her bathroom (spa bath! Bubbles! Red Wine! Awesomeness!). I did a face mask, hair treatment, smoothifying and got going on doing my nails. Didn't finish though, but at least I started!

* Seeing good friends who I haven't seen in aaaages! *Hi Aunty 'Lones!

* The Royal Wedding. Believe it or not. I get tetchy about things that come with lots of hype and tend to avoid them completely. Which I did with this. I didn't watch it live, even though the girls upstairs at work were streaming the whole thing. I did catch some of it later that day, and it was SO PRETTY! So I concede. The hype was kind of worth it. Also: Maja Boo pointed out that she got married the same year as Charles and Diana, and Mister Boo and I got hitched the same year as William and Catherine. hehe

* Learning to crochet. Or, as I call it to keep my housewifeyness in line, crotchet. What? I have an inner Bree van der Kamp who cooks and bakes beautifully, is always well turned out, and purses her lips and my lack of lady-like-ness and housewifey skills. Sometimes she takes over and demands to be in control. That's when I learn new housewifey things like crochet or sewing. Ha! 
I can do this now! WIN!

* 24 days until Australia! Wooot!!

* Girls-only time. I don't get enough of it, so when I do get my paws on it, it's AWESOME!

* Preparing for a hectic few weeks ahead. I'm one-part excited, one-part already-exhausted and kind of at peace with the impending burnout. Yay!

* Being able to laugh at the really stressful times. If I lost my ability to laugh - at life, at other people's silliness and at myself - I would cease to function. The best kind of laughter for me, though? Dark, twisted humour. The kind of stuff that creeps people out. The kind of stuff that people always find funny, but don't always laugh at because they're too shocked to.

* Walking again! The plague is in my past, and on Monday, I dragged Mister Boo out for a walk. It was a short walk, and we didn't get to walk last night, but it made me feel like a million bucks nonetheless, and I can't wait to hit the road again tonight!

* This quote:

* The best news of the week, though? It's no contest. MISTER BOO STARTS HIS NEW JOB TODAY! After being a wonderful (no sarcasm, he's really been great) house-husband for seven months, my husband is part of the working class once again! I never thought I'd be so happy about that, but damn, I did a little dance and everything! Yay!

Little things that made me smile:

* Long gratitude lists * The Harry Potter Alliance * Car-aoke * Writing * New blog post series coming up soon * Funky Town * Durt Karren * Disconnecting from social media and current events over the long weekend * MindPop * Planning new creations, including birthday presents * Shaun of the Dead * Shoe-shopping anticipation * Birthday party anticipation (see here: Pizza 'n Pool, Rocky Horror Picture Show Parties) *

What about you, lovelies? What's made you beam like a ray of sunshine this week? Leave a comment and let me know!


X

"People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that's bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they're afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain."
  – Jim Morrison

* My horoscope this week, courtesy of Rob Breszny. Grinning already!

No comments:

Post a Comment