Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Fangs - 23.09.2011

I know, I know! *shameface* It’s not Wednesday, so this isn’t Wednesday Wonders. It’s not Thursday, so it’s not TiLT either. But it’s Friday. So you’re getting it all in the shape of Friday Fangs! Ha!!

It’s been a bit of a weird week, and before I put pen to paper and started writing down what I have to be grateful for this week, I wasn’t convinced that there was very much. But once I started writing, I realized that it wasn’t so bad after all! What a nice surprise! So, here is the (longer than anticipated) list of things that made me happy this week:

* Eve, of Madam & Eve fame, is Playmaid of the Year. I think this is supremely awesome! Check out the cover:

Ha!

* The Silly Walk. Dinee and I have a stretch on our walking route that demands that we do the Silly Walk. It’s an epic power wiggle, downhill, and produces screeches of laughter from the guys playing soccer in the park. Every. Time. Love it!

* My awesome, spectacular friends, for tolerating my out-of-breath freak outs and talking me through them, at any time of the day or night. You guys rock, and I honestly don’t know what I would do without you. Thank you!

* Miss Boo Originals sales! Woot-to-the-Ski!!

* This picture


Via Pinterest

* Being super-prepared for the next market (which is on Sunday, if you didn’t see). I’m freaking out that I seem to have things under control, because I never have anything under control, and now I’m panicking that I’ve forgotten something crucial. But, with the help of my lists, I’ve ensured that everything is truly, honestly, under control. Eeeep!
*Can I get a ‘Touch Wood’ just to be safe, people?

* Planning my outfit for a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party birthday party tomorrow. It’s gonna be so much of fun! Plus, I’m looking forward to catching up with some friends I haven’t seen in a while. Yippee!!!

* The bright, lush green that’s sprawling throughout Jozi at the moment. Yay Spring!!!

* Vanilla sponge, cream and fresh strawberry cake. NOM! Thanks Cath!

* Singing & playing the tambourine at Angie’s Pamper Party. She had no idea what we had planned for her, so when we started singing, it was awesome! And shortly after that, this happened:


As Marina put it, everyone pissed from their eyes. It was awesome!!
(I will post a couple of pics in the next couple of days for you to see just how much awesomeness was floating around on Saturday. There was a lot).

* The ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz are on sale (!!!!!) Go here if you want them and have $2m - $3m to spare.

* Walking my suburb flat on Sunday for no reason other than that it was a beautiful day not to be wasted lying in bed until lunch time. It was glorious!

* My newly levitating Buddha


* My Blackberry isn’t working

* A new story idea. I’m SO excited to get started on it!!

* Realising that I’m not the world’s most obsessed Nick Cave fan-girl. I forgot that yesterday was Nick Cave’s birthday. Mmmphff. Ridiculously, I feel like a failure at being a fan-girl now. O_o (Hangs head in shame)

* Unleashing my inner nerd and having a proper laugh about random nerdy stuff with functional nerds. (Think Leonard, not Sheldon or Raj. Or even Howard.)

* The Springboks. I love them. Our boys are playing like legends, and I just….. love them.

* Miss Boo Originals. Just the whole concept has got me SO freaking excited right now, and all the ideas and creations and concepts and upcoming opportunities! Winning!

* My glue gun. It’s little and using it has given me calluses, but  I just love it.

* The countdown to turquoise hair. Only two weeks now!!!

Little things which made me smile this week:
* Glee. I’m such a Gleek * Getting dirty * Being organized * Lists * The new Lady Antebellum album * The Gautrain. It’s awesome. That is all *

So, my little Boo-ettes, what's made you smile this week??


X

1 comment:

  1. YOU MADE ME SMILE AND MY FEEL SANITY THIS WEEK!! thanks nu! x

    ReplyDelete